Board of Directors evaluation

• Hello everyone,

My Board of Directors recently had a retreat and decided to engage in some Board evaluation. I'm wondering if any of you out there (lurkers or contributors) have a process, a template, a series of questions that you would feel comfortable sharing. My Board was really keen on having a self-evaluation component.

For that matter, they also have a need to evaluate me as the Executive Director. Again, if any of you have any tools, please share. Or if you have had experiences/lessons learned - those are often golden!

Thanks,

Tamara

Views

• In terms of Board Evaluation and ED - we've tried a long and complex process, and a simple one. As as small nonprofit, the simple one worked hands down! We asked three questions:

• What do you think are our three most important areas of organizational strength?
    • What three areas of improvement do you think we should focus on?
    • Of the areas identified, which are the most important and manageable for us to address in the next 6 months?

The long complex evaluation just got everyone annoyed, created unrealistic expectations, and generated too much data for us to act upon and stayed on the shelf!

I hope this helps!

Joanne

• Thanks, Joanne!

Once we have a tool approved and ready to go, I'll post it here.

Tamara

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!